ASAP II Mail Screening
Automated CBRNe Threat Detection for Mail Rooms
The ASAP II mail screening system stops contaminated mail in its tracks. This automated CBRNe detection and identification system quickly detects and identifies mail threats such as anthrax, ricin, explosives, radioactive substances, and drugs of abuse such as fentanyl.
ASAP II eliminates long waits for test results. It tests for biologicals in 15 minutes, while radioactivity, chemicals and drugs are detected in mere seconds – all while processing thousands of pieces of mail per hour.
People and buildings are protected from threats by a specially constructed negative pressure room that houses ASAP II. Its sophisticated air-flow system directs any dangerous particles away from workers, while advanced HEPA filters and ventilation keep the building free from contamination.
ASAP II is the industry standard in mail screening, protecting government agencies, banks, corporations since 2001.
Rapid, Real-Time Test Results
Even at high volumes, ASAP II tests and reports accurately within 15 minutes, so cleared mail can be delivered without delay.
Fully Automated and Easy to Use
ASAP II is designed to be operated by general mailroom personnel. Fully automated, it requires only minimal staff training to use.
Customized for your Requirements
ASAP II can be customized to meet your testing needs, mail volume, and budget. It can be installed in a fixed location or in a trailer for mobile screening.
Control SoftwareThe customizable ASAP II system can be configured with any or all of the subsystems shown here. All installed subsystems are integrated and monitored by CBRN International's proprietary ASAP control software.
- For Windows® OS
- Monitors subsystems continuously
- Intuitive interface
- Quick, simple installation
- Air collection rate: 325 LPM using 30,000 hour life brushless fan.
- Particulates range: 1 to 10 um.
- Air/Liquid Concentration ratio: 72,000/min. nominal.
- Liquid inventory maintained at user- preset level independent of collection time, relative humidity, or temperature.
- Liquid inventory: 4 to 5cc, nominal; continuously adjustable under computer control.
- Make-up water: System includes 8 L distilled water reservoir that provides fresh water needs for more than 5 days.
- Detects virtually all bio-threats: Spores, bacteria, viruses and toxins
- Minimal or no sample pre-preparation
- Insensitive to most interferents. Has been used to test whole blood, urine, raw sewage, milk, and 10% meat slurries.
- Fast: 15-20 minutes per assay depending on analyte
- Sensitivity: Analyte dependent, 1 to 10 ppb typical for toxins, 100 to 100,000 CFU/ml for bacteria.
- All fluids and reagents stored on-board.
- Industry leading sensitivity & false alarm rejection
- Simple maintenance
- No consumables - low lifecycle costs
- Continuous use 24/7/365
- Extensive and customizable TIC & CWA detection
- Fast - detects in less than one second
- No special training required
- Can be integrated with x-ray machine
Explosives & Drugs of Abuse Detector
- Ion trap mobility spectrometer; analysis time=8 seconds
- Accurate: False alarm rate < 2%
- Government or corporate mail rooms
- Clean rooms
- Critical infrastructure protection
- Homeland security
- Indoor air quality
|Use profile:||Automated/programmed/continuous identification of targeted toxins, viruses, bacteria, spores, industrial chemicals, explosives, and nuclear materials. Batch sample examination also supported.|
|Duty cycle:||Continuous. Functional availability >99.3% (1).|
|Air sampling rate:||325 LPM|
|Bioassay profile:||Four to eight simultaneous assays performed on 1 cc samples using a credit card-size assay coupon. Coupon and associated re-useable reagents provide from 10 to 30 assays over a 24 to 48 hour use period (2).|
|Total bioassay time:||15 to 30 minutes is typical for collection and identification combined.|
|Bioassay sensitivity:||Dependent on analyte 1-10 ppb is typical for toxins, 3 x 104CFU/ml typ. for bacteria and spores|
|Bio-sample preparation:||None for aerosol samples, none or minimal for liquid samples; solids must be minimally extracted with buffer.|
|Toxic industrial chemicals subsystem:||Ion mobility spectrometry or long baseline infrared spectrometry. Gas libraries of 15 to 40 targets, depending on technology used. Analysis time less than 10 seconds.|
|Explosives subsystem:||Ion trap mobility spectrometer; analysis time = 8 seconds|
|Nuclear materials subsystem:||Area and portal styles available. Typical specifications: 0.05 to 3.0 MeV gamma detection window. Detect 360 kBq of Cs-137 and 6 gm Pu(2); neutron detection optional.|
|User interface:||Stand-alone or optional Windows® user interface.|
|Fluids handling:||Bi-directional peristaltic pumps.|
|Fluids storage:||5-day supplies of buffer, disinfectant and distilled water for aerosol collector.|
|Physical size:||Usually installed as an under-counter system with video monitor on countertop.|
|Weight:||Less than 105 lbs. (68 kg) typical installation|
|Temperature range:||Operating: above freezing to 50°C; storage: -29° to 66°C.|
|Alarms:||Large green/amber status light; annunciator optional.|
|Communication:||RS-232 bi-directional serial link is standard.|
|Data storage/ programmability:||Raw/processed data storage. Operating protocols are RS-232 re-programmable.|
|Power consumption:||Less than 100 W @ 115 VAC, nominal, excluding X-ray. X-ray system requires 183-253 VAC, 50 Hz. 10 amp max.|
|Humidity:||5% to 95%, non-condensing.|
CBRN International reserves the right to change specifications without prior notice.